In truth there really is no time. There is only Timing, Timelessness and Timeliness. All requiring us to forgo and surrender the need to control what needs to happen and when. Both requiring us to release the shoulds and musts, the judgments what we deem good or bad and to recognize all this life is simply is a living vibrating canvas through which we have the potential to create the best meanings and moments possible.
January brings a new energy and new possibilities and most importantly new dreams that await manifestation through the marriage of Intent and Action.
I am calling this year The Year of Creating Marriage. What are you calling your year?
It is true that last year I studied hard and succeeded in becoming a marriage celebrant. The couples that will eventually seek me out to seal the sacred circle of union around them with joy and blessings will know if I am the right person for them, however before I marry anyone the most important marriage in anyone’s life is the marriage to one’s self.
The union of our self to our soul and our soul to our essence is the most thrilling and challenging marriage we all have the opportunity to create. The commitment to standing under the canopy of Nature with ourself and vow to travel through life hand in hand with who we truly are, leads us to the whole and entire purpose of life.
I have spoken about the interconnection of Joy and Grief before and how these two Beings can and do coexist within the mammoth landscape of who we be. The magic occurs when we re-member that grief is a powerful catalyst for growth and growth on every level of our being, ignites joy.
So how do we marry ourselves? Here are some of the ways I believe we can do it.
- Make time every day to meet and greet yourself without distractions. Write a page to yourself. Sit in contemplation in your favourite chair or on the beach or under a tree or on the edge of a cliff and declare, I am here. I Am HERE. I AM. Be aware that you are breathing and BREATHE. Expect nothing. Hold your own hand. Let all the upsets, concerns, confusion and doubts melt into the Earth and ask Mother Earth to transmute all this into light. You don’t have to believe it will happen. Just do it and sit.
- Write a list or what you accept about yourself. It may be your cooking, your sense of adventure, your assertiveness, your body, your feelings. And add to that list regularly.
- Write a list of what you don’t accept about yourself it may be cooking, your sense of adventure, your assertiveness, your body, your feelings. And add to this list regularly.
- Once a week (or once a month) choose one aspect of yourself that you don’t accept and see if you can marry it to the aspect you do accept.
- No matter who we are, whether we live with someone or alone we have the opportunity, no the privilege, of discovering the beauty within ourselves.
- And when the time is right, write your own vows to the YOU that you love and respect. If we can promise our hearts to another, surely we can open and promise our hearts to ourselves.
- Allow these vows to be fluid, for change is inevitable, and we always do better to go with the flow.
All these Actions need not be done in any order or on the same day.
They are steps to take regularly especially when your heart calls for someone to support and love you.
May we fall in love over and over again with the one person with whom we will always live. There is no time to do this. No time not to do it either.
Wishing us all a powerful, positive and purposeful 2023